korean music feeds my soul

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

로이킴 (Roy Kim) - To My Shoemaker



***Note: He wrote this song for a school project. From the chord progression it is believed that this song was rearranged and released as 도통 모르겠네 (Don't Know How), included in his first album Love, Love, Love [2013.06.25]

Lyrics:
Mama, you left without a single word, 
and I am all alone like a prisoner on this planet 
People expected me to cry and comfort your guy, 
and I did it just for that
I blamed it was the cost of the Holocaust 
but it was my heart that was weaker than that of a mouse 
You came into my room and asked me if I loved you, I just couldn't say those three words 
Well mama if you are listening I'm screaming out my soul 
I miss you, I miss you, I love you...

로이킴 - 할머니의 편지 (Roy Kim - Grandmother's Letter)

 

***Note: He performed this self-composed song in June 2015 but it wasn't officially released. It later got rearranged and released as track 5 상상해봤니 (Have you imagined / Only If) of his first mini album 'BLOSSOM / 開花期' [2017.05.16]

가사:
온 가족이 모여 새해를 맞이하던 그날
할머니는 내게 봉투를 건넸죠
부끄럽게도 기대했던 것과는 달리
그 안엔 편지 하나가 있었죠

항상 베풀어라
남을 비난하고 불평하지 말자
부당한 일엔 이기려고도 하지마라
항상 감사해라
항상 사랑해라

English Translation BY kijagayo (sorry if this sounds unnatural and too literal):
On the day where the whole family gathered to ring in the new year
Grandma handed me an envelope
It's embarrassing to tell but different from what I expected*
There was a letter inside of it

"Always give
Let's not criticize others and complain 
Let's not try to win in any wrongdoing 
Always be thankful
Always love"
*He probably meant expecting 세뱃돈 (gift of money / New Year's greeting money) instead of a letter, that's why it's 'embarrassing'.

로이킴 - 예뻐서 그래 영어 버전
(Roy Kim - Because You're Pretty English demo)

Part of this song (just one line... ☹️💔) was played on tvN's <Life Bar> aired on 17.08.10.

Lyrics:
...... I do know that I can't really have you in my heart ......



I'll try to keep this post updated but I hope I won't have to (・ω<)☆ (cuz I'm hoping all the songs he wrote will be officially released) Please leave me a comment if you know any that I missed! 😁💛

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]