korean music feeds my soul

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

**Okay so it's 21st of August today, and I'm trying to recall my memories to write a throwback post on GREENPLUGGED SEOUL MUSIC FESTIVAL I attended in Seoul back in May. **

(I know it's just August but-) This year has been a dramatic year to me, but out of all the important things that happened, good or bad, I'd have to mention this as the most remarkable achievement of mine this year -- I finally visited South Korea after more than 10 years of being a Korean music enthusiast!

Earlier in May, I visited Seoul and Busan for a 2-week (birthday celebration) vacation. (◕ᴗ◕✿)

As much as I appreciate Korean music, I've always wanted to attend any kind of events that relates to Korean music in South Korea itself (such as fansign event, concerts, music festival, show recording, etc). As I plan my itinerary before my trip, I did a lot of research and looked for all sorts of information. I also had been constantly checking broadcast stations official websites to apply for show recording, and ticketing sites to see what kind of events were happening.

There were surprisingly a lot of music festivals and Korean university events happening that month! (Is it because it was spring?) Anyway, due to budget issues and time clashes, out of all the events I was interested in, I could only attend this Greenplugged Music Festival 2017 (held on 20th and 21st May 2017). Frankly speaking, I didn't know each and every musician but there were some on the list that I desperately want to meet.

I visited South Korea with my friend, Jeslyn but she wasn't interested in the event. I was hesitating if I should just go alone... but fortunately!  o(TωT)o  I was so lucky to have found an Indonesian girl on Twitter, named Puti, who then coincidentally was also looking for a companion to join this event. We exchanged contact and after a short discussion we both agreed and decided to attend day one only.

I purchased my ticket at Interpark and received a confirmation mail which would allow me to redeem my ticket on the event day.

took this out from my shelf /feeling proud/ i had only seen tickets looking like this on instagram before i owned one ;v;

✽•*`*•.¸¸.•*`*•.¸¸✽•*`*•.¸¸.•*`*•.¸¸✽ D-DAY ✽•*`*•.¸¸.•*`*•.¸¸✽•*`*•.¸¸.•*`*•.¸¸✽

Puti and I met up at Dangsan station at around 2pm. It took some time for us to find the right way to reach the bus station... wandered quite a while around the subway station.

I'm sorry I can't remember exactly which exit and bus that was since it happened 3 months ago... (;д;)

We waited for buses to come, yet we still reached Nanji Hangang Park a little late. Apparently many people were heading to the same destination and buses couldn't fit everyone.

We knew which station to get off but were completely clueless about how we could walk to the park. (based on my route-finding experience gained within the two weeks in South Korea, I'd conclude that, even when the maps say it's near, you are still gonna walk a long distance.) But well, we just got off the bus and followed the crowd ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)


We redeemed our tickets (and a goodie bag?) at the counter and went to the stage. --

don't think I actually kept that goodie bag - you'll find this in the goodie bag, it has the performance timetable printed on it

left: MOON STAGE ; right: SKY STAGE

Korean people are so ready with all kind of picnic equipment -- chilling while enjoying live band music (*3*)~♫

a closer look of the stageヽ(•‿•)ノ

-- By the time we reached the SKY stage, Seulong (2AM member) was already performing ◕⍵◕

so close eh? not really --

-actual distance from where we stood to the stage-
remember goodie bag i mentioned earlier? the white backpack that the girl on the left was carrying is how it looks like.

Honestly I haven't listened to all of his songs but I enjoyed his live singing! Especially with the wonderful weather, windy and warm sunlight shower! The atmosphere was JJANG (≧∀≦)♪

After Seulong's performances ended, we proceeded to the MOON stage to watch Yu Seung Woo's performances. During his time performing, he randomly invited a girl from the audience to sing a duet song with him, and it sounded really good. Although I wasn't familiar with all of his songs, I enjoyed his live singing while desperately waiting to watch Only U live version, my favourite song (,♥‿♥,)


and lastly he sang it (❣◡❣) I managed to record just a little - I wanted to watch the whole performance but I also wanted to keep something as memory (._.) Here is it:

♬♫♪◖(●◡●)◗♪♫♬

We then took a walk around the park while waiting for Junggigo's turn to perform (since we don't really know the musicians performing between that period) I came to realised the fact that there was actually public wifi in a park... it's such a wide outdoor area...  pretty surprised and amazed even though it wasn't strong enough for my phone to connect...

fried chicken with watermelon soda combo! (˘ڡ˘)

we sat at the staircase, talked about life and work - were enjoying the perfect combo and feeling the wind blow while watching this view. the weather was perrrrrfect ↖(^▽^)↗ missing this moment! FEELING KOREAN ◕‿◕

☑ PICNIC BY THE HANGANG RIVER - GOAL CHECKED ◕‿↼

went back to the stage for Junggigo - no he did not sing SOME

WAS THIS CLOSE TO THE STAGE - we were standing in the 3rd or 4th row

After Junggigo's performance ended, there was a short cleaning time break and we moved to the picnic zone - side of the stage --


-- and waited for Jay Park's turn to perform! I didn't know he had such huge popularity in South Korea (⊙_⊙') --

we could only watch Jay Park from faraway...  cuz it's too crowded for us to move to the front row **the purple-haired girl at bottom left of this photo is Puti hehehe**

- crowd standing up to watch Jay Park -

Before Jay Park's performance ended, I quickly moved to the other stage to wait for the most-anticipated AKMU's turn!!! but there was already so filled with COUPLES. (눈‸눈)

-the stage-

AKDONG MUSICIAN!!! ~(˘▾˘~) ~(˘▾˘)~ (~˘▾˘)~

It was the only group whose songs sounded most familiar to me -- I knew every song they sang ლ(╹◡╹ლ) (well actually everyone did! all the people were singing along ♥)

I'm so grateful to be able to watch AKMU live for the second time (。●́‿●̀。) and got to listen to live versions of songs in 思春記下 which they did not perform at AKMU Studio in KL last year - including REALITY and LAST GOODBYE ^3^

I managed to record a little but the quality was bad ;_; and somehow Suhyun and Chanhyuk always stood afar from each other while performing, my camera isn't wide enough to catch both of them -- so I'm not gonna upload anything lol

It was sad I couldn't watch until the end because I had to leave halfway to find Puti - it was a struggle to get myself out of the couples crowd though...

I found Puti and we both decided to leave early to avoid traffic. Imagine all the people coming out at the same time, it's definitely gonna take so long and we'd probably miss the last subway ;-; *sadly sings "this is reality re-ality ality yo~"♪

There was a very long (but orderly) queue as we walked to the exit and we assumed everyone was waiting for a bus to go back. So we followed everyone else and took the bus without knowing where exactly the bus was heading to (LOL)

We asked a Korean girl on the bus and she told us that was a free shuttle bus that sent passengers to DMC Station. The station is neither close to our stations but we were fine with any subway station because finding way home would get much easier as long as we could go to a subway station ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

We then went separate way to go back to where we stayed - I went back to Seongbukgu, while Puti went back to Hongdae. And that's how we spent the second half of 2017.05.20 at the GREENPLUGGED FESTIVAL - that was the first day I turned 22 ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

I had been told I'm a lucky person - because I won expensive prizes and concert tickets (I purchased ticket for this one though!) - I don't deny that, it's true that I HAD BEEN LUCKY. But life and reality has been harsh on me lately, I have been trying to feed myself sweet memories -- cuz those sweetness is the only thing I have, to keep myself happy -- which is one of the reasons why this post is written. :)

To remind whoever thinks I'm a lucky person - that I'm not an absolutely-lucky person - I could actually write a long list about my fangirl-associated failures I encountered throughout my trip to Seoul and Busan ( ಠ ͜ʖಠ) but I'm not gonna do that, yet lol

I'm still grateful for all the experiences I managed to obtain - including failures - at least I got to learn something ¯\▁(◔◡◔)▁/¯

Back to the topic for the one last time -

The event has something to do with environmental friendly stuff but I did not pay much attention to that since my main purpose was just to enjoy musical performances  (・ิω・ิ)

But if you're interested in joining the Greenplugged Festival (if it's ever held again) - you may check out the official website and facebook page of this event for more information:


Thank you for reading ♥
Hope my experience helps a little hehehe- and I hope I get to go back to Seoul or Busan soon!

1 comment:

Bottom Ad [Post Page]