korean music feeds my soul

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

2016.08.26 marked the day I became a Royrose ܓ

That was the day I watched Roy Kim's live performance at his promo tour in Malaysia, got so attracted and became a follower of his music since. \_(♥‿♥)_/ After following his news and updates for almost a year, I found that the impression I first had on him... is completely untrue. His songs sound so sincere but he has such funny personality 😂

Anyway, that didn't stop me from liking his music. ( ˘ з˘ )♬♪  I knew I had a complex with singer-songwriters and that's why he rapidly rose to become one of my favourite soloists 🎸

Before I visited Seoul in May, I found out about ROY KIM FOREST. Without hesitation, I added the spot to my itinerary right away. I mean, it's so cool to own a forest isn't it?! It's a must-visit place for Royroses ♥▿♥ I took the chance to pay a visit to this place and decided to write a post on how to visit this place (in English, since I can't find any blog entry talking about this)

Before I start explaining how to visit this place, please allow me to slightly introduce this place:

▂▅▇█▓▒░ ROY KIM FOREST 로이킴 숲 ░▒▓█▇▅▂


source: WIKITREE | 서울 개포동에 조성된 '로이킴 숲'

Roy Kim Forest is located at Gaepo-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul. Fans initiated fund-raising for the "Roy Kim Forest Project" to commemorate the release of Roy Kim's first album. The Roy Kim Forest is specially managed by Tree Planet and fans are able to check on the development of the forest through SNS and reports. The Roy Kim Forest serves as a space where the residents may visit freely for recreational purpose.

This project is a collaboration of organizations listed below:
*/sorry I couldn't find much info to make sure the translation is accurate/
· 김상우닷컴 (Kim Sang Woo Dot Com)
· 로이가필요해 (Need Roy)*
· 헬로우로이 (Roy Kim Fancafe Hello Roy)
· 다음 로이킴 스타존 (Daum Roy Kim Starzone)
· 네이버 피쓰럽 팬카페 (Naver Peace, Love Fancafe)*
· DC 로이킴 갤러리 (DC Roy Kim Gallery)
· TREE PLANET (a tree-planting social enterprise | https://treepla.net/)
· 서울특별시 (Seoul Metropolitan | http://www.seoul.go.kr/main/index.html)
· 강남구청 (Gangnam District | https://www.gangnam.go.kr/)

Further reading: [트리플래닛 스타숲] 사람들을 힐링하는 스타숲, 로이킴숲을 소개합니다!

✎▁▁▁▁ HOW TO GO TO ROY KIM FOREST ▁▁▁▁


I referred to this entry to find my way to Roy Kim Forest.

I took the subway to Guryong station (구룡역), which is located at the Bundang Line (분당선).

I started from Sinseol-dong station (신설동역) which isn't popular among foreign visitors and had to change lines at two stations (Cheongnyangni station (청량리역) and Wangsimni station (왕십리역)). But the starting point depends on where you're staying.

Kindly refer to the yellow line (on the right) on the map below.

- click for original size -


Once you reach the station, follow the signs to find Exit 4.

the station was pretty spacious and quiet to me.


it was a super SUNNY day - i was sweating

Don't go straight. (cuz that's what I did lol)
Turn back and the forest is right there! 


After being tricked by maps for days, I got out from the station and walk straight for a distance ... But I was so scared (I was alone) so I turned back but eh... I felt like I've seen this view somewhere.

In the past few days we always had to walk for 10 - 15 minutes whenever we got off from the subway to look for our destination, thought this time would be the same but it was surprisingly just right there lol.





ahjummonis chilling at the shelter





too sunny to take a selfie so here's me and my shadow in the Roy Kim Forest ♥‿♥

¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•ABOUT THE RED MAILBOX•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸

That red mailbox left me confused because I was wondering if I can really send anything there, and later I found this:

source: http://cafe.daum.net/ROYKIM/aasE/47
***rough translation***
Due to incidents of misusing the red mailbox to send inappropriate personal items that happened, the mailbox will temporarily discontinued receipt of items starting from 2016.09.09. Mails and parcels sent to the mailbox will be returned to senders. However, fans who directly visit the forest may place their mails in the mailbox, as long as it is within standard mail size and not violating the actual purpose.

If fans wish to send gifts or parcels that exceed the standard mail size, it is advised that they send directly to to company address↓

▶ 서울특별시 마포구 상암산로 66, CJ E&M 센터 14층, '로이킴' 앞 

💌 I actually wrote him a letter but 3 days after visiting his forest... ಥ_ಥ

☆゚.*・。゚.*・。゚☆゚ ROY KIM IN HIS FOREST ☆゚.*・。゚.*・。゚☆゚





Track 1, Intro (My Forest) included in his debut album, 'Love Love Love' was recorded in his forest.



Ending this post with some kisses and roses. 💋💋💋💋💋🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

Thank you for reading! 💓

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]